Choose your Stack¶
- The Universal Stack has VPS or shared hosting feeling. It's easy to use, affordable, but limited in scaling. Use it for testing + small projects.
- The Professional Stack is designed to scale horizontally. All components are redundant to assure high uptime. Use it for serious business + potentially large sites.
Choose your workflow¶
There are many ways to work with Craft CMS — depending on project needs and skills.
- Run Craft locally: Install new with Composer or existing project
- Setup Craft: Prepare environments, sync database
- Deploy Craft with Git
- Manage assets by rsync for Uni or via Object Storage for Pro
- Tune Craft: Master it!
Take a shortcut! We have published this little handy open-source command line tool to speed up common deployment tasks around Craft CMS on fortrabbit. It connects your local Craft CMS installation with an App on fortrabbit and then enables you to sync database and assets in a speedy and convenient way. It guides you through the process of setting everything up, it even has a table to show you which parts are still missing. Give it a try! Here is an appetizer:
# Install and initialize $ composer config platform --unset $ composer require fortrabbit/craft-copy:^1.0.0-beta $ ./craft install/plugin $ ./craft copy/setup # Sync database up (local ⟶ fortrabbit) $ php craft copy/db/up
Please head on to the GitHub page for more usage examples:
Juniors and web developers with a focus on front-end are likely more comfortable using the legacy SFTP workflow. Use this workflow when you are coming from WordPress and not yet familiar to use the Terminal, Git and Composer. This is your route: