Blackfire empowers all developers and IT/Ops to continuously verify and improve their app’s performance, throughout its lifecycle, by getting the right information at the right moment. Relying on a cutting-edge profiling technology, Blackfire enables to write performance tests that can be run along your standard test suite. Better than that, it provides recommendations to help you improve the performance of your app.
To profile a non-local HTTP application (so to use it with your fortrabbit app, on our servers) you need a paid plan. See the pricing.
Blackfire is integrated with a BYO (Buy Your Own) licence model for all fortrabbit Apps.
To use Blackfire with your fortrabbit App, you only need to paste the Agent credentials from Blackfire into the fortrabbit Dashboard. Here is a detailed step by step guide:
Over at Blackfire¶
- Sign up or log in to Blackfire.
- Go to your Account > My Credentials > My Server Credentials
- Copy the credentials: Server ID and Server Token
- Log in to the dashboard
- Navigate to your App > PHP > Debugging
- Enable Blackfire
- Paste the Blackfire Server ID and Server Token
- Save the PHP Settings
- Wait at least one minute, so that the containers are restarted with the new configuration
At your browser¶
- Install the Chrome Extension or the Firefox one depending on your favorite browser
- Browse to your App
- Hit the Blackfire button to start profiling
There is no way to profile CLI calls (except through PHP SDK) for now.